Sunday, November 8, 2009

Megan Bradley

Online news may be on the rise, but the status of newspapers is not going to fall completely. There are always going to be those people who have grown up reading newspapers daily and will continue to do so. People who do not have the computer skills needed to search different internet sites will not look up news online. Instead of learning how to use the internet, they will just continue to read the newspaper. Technology is constantly moving and many people cannot keep up with the change. The newspaper has not changed drastically and is still easy to read.

Like most people, I have a daily routine that I do each morning which consists of reading the newspaper while I enjoy my breakfast. I always look at the cover stories on the front page but usually do not have time to sit down and read them. However, these days, many cell phone providers have included the option of internet access. Now I can read news articles on my phone no matter where I am. My parents still read the newspaper everyday, so as long as they keep paying it, I will continue to read it. However, personally, I do find online newspapers much more convenient for me.

On a website from Guardian, there is a graph that shows the rise and fall of different newspapers over the past 30 years. Many news stations have converted to having printed newspaper as well as online newspapers to help met the needs of their customers. This way each customer has their option of how they want to read the news.

One of the main downfalls of printed newspapers is that it does not provide the most recent news. It is printed one time daily and cannot be updated throughout the day. However, with online newspapers, stories can be updated once new information is released. Lately, breaking news is posted before it is exposed on live television. Online newspapers allow people to stay aware of the current situations happening each minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment